Saturday, December 12, 2009

Chapter Six.

My life can be divided into Chapters.

Chapter One-
Life Before Christ.
All of growing up, up until my first year of high school.

Chapter Two-
High School.
Meeting God and meeting new friends who were vital in my growth in God and helping me learn new things about myself of which I both liked and disliked. That Chapter ends with a heartbreak.

Chapter Three-
Plunging into the summer before my first year of college and meeting my best friend. Getting on this extremely intimate level with God like I have never experienced along with all the new self-discoveries, emotional roller coasters, breakdowns, major decisions and falling deeply, madly, completely in love.

Chapter Four-
December (2007) I decided I was going to leave the California shores of Irvine and move to Utah. Figuring out that Concordia University, Irvine was not the place I was suppose to return too, there is not a doubt in my mind that I was indeed suppose to spend my first year of college figuring out ‘me’ at Concordia and then coming to Utah, which is now my home.

Chapter Five-
Hitting a rock and a hard place with who I was, figuring out some of my vital character flaws, coming to a place where I was stripped down to nothing and God was working in my wounds from growing up, my wounds from believing the great deceive and liar, Satan, and essentially taking away my comfort in an inauthentic life, a life dependent on Ben, myself and my material things and meeting myself, and God in a crossroad which ended His shifting place in my life and solidifying my need to give God everything and laying an unmovable foundation in Him.

Chapter Six-
Now.

I am over-excited about this new chapter in my life. I have learned so much in this past year and half of living in Utah and I believe it is only going to get better. I just recently got this incredible God-given job at a wonderful, top-leading security integrator national company. I am working as a project coordinator underneath the project manager. I do a lot of communication between everyone involved as well as monitor the progress of installations and seeing through the end of each job we book. I still am overwhelmed with thanks to God for this job, I beat out people who have been in the industry for decades, people who could be my parents and have degrees. I want to be so good at my job, but I know that essentially, I am building a career that is long-term and my learning curve is steep. So patience and hard work is my focus.

I'm currently not going to school-which sucks, but is totally okay. I am changing my major to Business: Entrepreneurship from Film Studies for a couple reasons. After working for a year at my job, they will do tuition reimbursement if my major is applicable to my job. I have established my own production company, HebrewsTree, LLC, and I do not need a degree in film to be successful in the film industry. Business: Entrepreneurship will help me be a better business owner as well as a successful project coordinator and the experience I am building now with a degree like that is only benefiting me for the future and the goal is to have a permanent plan B. My goal is to return to school to the University of Utah Fall 2011.

Ben and I broke up for a few weeks at the end of July and are now back dating. It was the most necessary thing that could have happened for us and God spoke loud truths in both our hearts during that time which has made loving each other better because we were able to place God above each other and reconnect with our first love. We just celebrated 2 years of dating and are content where we are.



My mom moved to Utah at the beginning of November! It has been such a healthy new start for her and I'm so excited to be closer to her and excited to be her friend as an adult as well as her only daughter. We've both grown so much and it's hard to not assume the tendencies we both had when I was in high school, which was the last time I lived in the same state as her. It's fun rebuilding that relationship with her and it's even more fun to see her building new friendships and growing closer and more dependent on Jesus.



I moved back to Sugarhouse this Winter with one new friend and one old friend. Melisa is my newest friend in Utah and it's been SO great getting to know her. She is a new Christian coming from a mixed up background of Mormonism and has the most authentic seeker heart I've seen. She is so anxious to know about God and to have an intimate relationship with Him that it gives me reminders everyday to have and keep that same passion. It's so fun talking with her and she definitely keeps me on my toes with all of her wonderful, amazing thoughtful questions about God. She makes me want to be in my bible every waking moment so I can be as helpful as possible as she's learning how to better love God and better love people. Ashley, my best friend from high school and the one who brought me to church, is my old friend who is moving to Utah and will be living with Melisa and I! It's so exciting to reconnect with her. We have had the closest and farthest relationship in the existence of knowing each other the past 7 years. I see a lot of myself in her when I first moved to Utah and can't wait to see how God rocks her world for His purpose and changes her heart to better display His. I couldn't have asked for two better people to live with during this chapter in my life.


Last spring, I started a high school ministry called Girls of Dignity (GDM). I've felt like God was really challenging me to pour into the high school girls because there really wasn't any one person who was committed to them, and high school would have sucked if I didn't have some of the older influences I did pouring into me. We had an amazing retreat during the summer and a few one-day events. Right now, it is just a bible study I lead on Wednesday's. We've gone through the book of Ephesians, James and now we are doing a book called A Daughter's Worth by Ava Sturgeon. It was written directly for high school students and talks about the kind of things a young christian teenager goes through. Recently, I've had an unsettling feeling like I was taking it easy-going the short route with this ministry, knowing I could be doing SO much more, so at the beginning of the new year, it will be turning into a service at our church. We currently have 3 services. The 1st service is when the junior high meets, 2nd service is high school and 3rd service nothing. In January, 3rd service will be GDM where all 9th-12th grade girls are welcome to come and get their girl directed hour. I'll be preparing sermons and retreats, and bible studies throughout the week, guest speakers and one-day events. I am over excited about the potential this ministry has to reach the Salt Lake Valley. I'm so excited to see what God does. Prayers for this to be God's and that I would just be tool in His plan would be so encouraging.



It is just the beginning of Chapter Six and I am so anxious and excited and I have no idea how long it will last, but my prayer is that I would hold onto Christ and His truth and His loyalty and just run with it. I will be 21 this year, and I feel like I'm turning 30. Adulthood has officially sunk in and I can't wait to see what God does next.

Friends and Family, please pray that God would do big things, that my heart will be willing to be uncomfortable for someone else to be comfortable, that He would bring the people that will challenge what I believe in my life to solidify it and that I would surrender to Him daily.

I can't wait to look back on this chapter with you.

2 Comments:

  1. () said...
    I like your blog!!
    Hope all is well. Rachel
    Ps mels sister
    Dusti Lane said...
    Everytime I read one of your blog entries I find God stirring through your words and honest into my heart. I love it! I appreciate your love for God and HIS amazing work in your life. You inspire me to dig much deeper into my relationship with God. Thank You girl, for keeping up with your blog & doing your best to fufill God's wonderous plans for your life! Amen SISTER!

Post a Comment