Friday, February 19, 2010

Quest Series: Saved.

From: XXXX
Sent: Friday, February 19, 2010 10:43 AM
To: Nicole Casper
Subject: RE: change of lunch plans



I’m learning about God’s sovernty lately, and it is pretty cool how he comes through with things when they are benefiting him

I read Philippians 3 last night, and it was TOTALLY saying exactly what I had just decided the night before – about not dwelling on the past, not forgetting about it so you can still learn from it, but picking up and moving on.

Read it real quick if you can. Its pretty short




From: Nicole Casper
Sent: Friday, February 19, 2010 11:02 AM
To: XXXX
Subject: RE: change of lunch plans


10I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, (This reminds me of you! Your desire!) becoming like him in his death, (I don’t think many people really grasp what this looks like. He was rejected, hated, murdered, scorned, abused…that is kind of what the cross looks like, you know? And yet IN All of that. There is glory. Because Christ conquered it. Beautiful.) 11and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead.
12Not that I have already obtained all this, (Because we have accepted Christ) or have already been made perfect, (Because we are made perfect or blameless when we accept Christ) but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. (Because we’ll never get it right until we are in Heaven.) But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, (The kingdom of Heaven and all it’s majesty.) 14I press on (think about what pressing on really is. It’s not easy. It’s like treading water upstream. Interesting…) toward the goal (what is our goal? Do you know?) to win the prize (What is our prize? Do you know?) for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. (AMEN!)

I love Philippians.




From: XXXX
Sent: Friday, February 19, 2010 11:08 AM
To: Nicole Casper
Subject: RE: change of lunch plans


Are you rhetorically asking what the goal and prize is?




From: Nicole Casper
Sent: Friday, February 19, 2010 11:10 AM
To: XXXX
Subject: RE: change of lunch plans


Sort of. It’s just interesting to me. Do we know what that means? Is it simple? This is how I tend to read the bible. I insert my own thoughts. Haha I’m a big question asker. It has to do with becoming a certified tutor in high school. Ask questions to answer questions kind of mentality. It helps me digest all of this, you know?




From: XXXX
Sent: Friday, February 19, 2010 11:13 AM
To: Nicole Casper
Subject: RE: change of lunch plans


Yeah, and it helps us retain it. THAT is my struggle.

I really like Philippians. I will be done with it tonight. There are only 4 chapters……

I think next I’m going to go to 1 John (lots about love in there) then go back to John or Matthew so I can learn more about Gods character. I HATE doing that though, cause I want to read the whole thing and I keep rereading chapters…… thoughts?



From: Nicole Casper
Sent: Friday, February 19, 2010 11:17 AM
To: XXXX
Subject: RE: change of lunch plans


Retaining it is the hardest for me too. I think that’s why we have to CONTINUE to read things. There are so many things I forget. That’s also why journaling is good.

1 John is one of my favorites. I have a bible study to go with it if you want to follow along with that?

Yeah, I think it’s okay to reread chapters. The Psalms are good too because that’s more from a human standpoint about how we can feel towards or about God and it’s the most relatable book for us. Those are fun to read. You don’t feel so crazy.





From: XXXX
Sent: Friday, February 19, 2010 11:38 AM
To: Nicole Casper
Subject: RE: change of lunch plans


I was thinking about being saved yesterday, and how I am not certain.. but in Philippians 3, it focused on God knowing your heart. I think I have a pretty good heart, and a huge desire to learn.. so even though I make big mistakes, and don’t know Him all that well yet, I think He knows what I want…

What do you think?




From: Nicole Casper
Sent: Friday, February 19, 2010 11:38 AM
To: XXXX
Subject: RE: change of lunch plans


Yeah. When I became a Christian I went a whole year without being certain. At my church at the end of the sermon they would tell you that if you needed prayer, that there would be pastors at the front to pray with you. So one day I was sitting there and I was kind of like, I have no idea if I’m a Christian or if there is anything else I have to do, so I got up and walked down and just said to the pastor, “I don’t know if I’m officially a Christian. How do I know?” He kind of chuckled and said that you just have to invite God into your life. And accept him. So we prayed together and I did that, again. And then I was like okay, cool. I’m official.

Have you ever prayed that prayer? “God, I’m yours.”?
You’re totally right about the heart topic. God doesn’t say to figure it out and get your mistakes cleared up and know me like you know the back of your hand, THEN we can talk. He’s relation. And invented dating and courting and friendship and gets what happens through each of those processes. He knows it’s a time delay. And he’s totally okay with that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment