Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Quest Series: Where's my man? Part 3

From: XXXX
Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2009 2:01 PM
To: Nicole Casper
Subject: RE: ha!


I wrote a couple comments below.

I am so not used to things taking so long for me to get. I normally get things pretty quick… like school subjects and such, so this is pissing me off!! 

We should talk about the spending time with God. I REALLY liked it and want to journal about it. AHH! JOURNALING!

I’ve been doing really good on the praying whenever I have some down time, and good on letting him control my life today! But nothing really testing has happened for me to REALLY make sure He is in charge. Soo… yeah.


"Petition these things to him and trust him."
I struggle with this… I don’t like doing things that make people mad or sad, etc. so, the thought of getting angry with or questioning God blows my mind and I don’t see myself doing. I am learning that I almost HAVE to be like WTF God – what are you trying to teach me here and why are you doing this to me. Even in your prayer this morning – you were saying ‘make us see something God’. I normally ask and not demand. Do you think there is a difference here? Maybe my tippy toeing around God isn’t the best path….

SIDE NOTE! I just read the Spending time with God and LOVED IT! one thing that really got me thinking and I hadn’t really thought about before was the ‘be specific’ part in the prayer section. (the part with the Plymouth Cricket) I never pray for something specifically. It made me think though.. GOD KNOWS what is best for us. And he knows what we want inside and out.. I understand we need to ask for his help (what Brock talked about in Collge Group a few times back) but we need to ask for specifics??? That seems weird to me..

Note:
[Spending Time with God: http://christianity.about.com/od/practicaltools/a/PartISpendTime.htm]



"this is a big trust test from God"
GASP! I didn’t think about that! I think you are so right. because last night I told the demons to go away and the thoughts disappeared but the feeling remained… I had been feeling so protected by God, like when something bad would happen he would just shower me with gifts. Examples: He made it snow when it wasn’t even in the forecast. Snow always brings a smile to my face. Secondly, sent a freaking dog in the church when I was crying. I truly think these were Him cheering me up, protecting me!

You rock.


"God-fearing,"

What does this mean? You say that about Solomon too. Why are we supposed to fear God??


From: Nicole Casper
Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2009 2:55 PM
To: XXXX
Subject: RE: ha!


The widow who is really in need and left all alone puts her hope in God and continues night and day to pray and to ask God for help.
1 Timothy 5:4-6
If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.
James 1:4-6
You want something but don't get it. You kill and covet, but you cannot have what you want. You quarrel and fight. You do not have, because you do not ask God.
James 4:1-3
This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.
1 John 5:13-15

It’s not so much, “WTF God…” it’s saying, “God. I don’t understand why you are putting this in front of me, but I know that you are good and your way is the best way. Show me what you want me to get out f this and no matter what happens, I will still worship you.”

‘Fear’ is from the Hebrew word "yare" to stand in awe. The word ‘fear’, in most relation to ‘fearing God’, is just another word for ‘respect’.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment