Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Quest Series: Where's my man?

From: XXX
Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2009 8:57 AM
To: Nicole Casper
Subject: ha!


You know how I really would like a male in my life that I could love and that could love me in return? Well – I’ve been like WTF to God lately.. I think I just haven’t been looking or caring at the signs he has been giving me to why he isn’t providing me with this… Alex sent me that verse that I read to you Friday (that 1 Corinthians chap 7) and I was like COOL now where is my man? THEN 4 days later – the podcast we listened to this morning was on the EXACT same verse.

Very interesting…


Notes:
[1 Corinthans 7:1-7 1 "Now for the matters you wrote about: It is good for a man not to marry.[a] 2But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband. 3The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. 4The wife's body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husband's body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife. 5Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. 6I say this as a concession, not as a command. 7I wish that all men were as I am. But each man has his own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that."

Podcast: Francis Chan, Christ-Centered Relationships Pt 1]





From: Nicole Casper [mailto:Nicole.Casper@niscayah.us]
Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2009 9:24 AM
To: XXXX
Subject: RE: ha!

To be honest with you sister, I think a significant other could be a really negative addition to your life right now. You’re learning so much about God and who he is and it’s still up and down. It’s not easy being in a relationship and not having Jesus as a solid foundation. Jesus didn’t become my foundation until Ben and I broke up. Since, it’s been so better because I am not on a rollercoaster with Ben with my feelings and desires and needs. I love Ben better and free-er now because God is first. It was a really hard year and a half. If you could bypass that-wow! How amazing would that be?

Dating isn’t bad thought. But I would encourage you to seek God right now and dwell on what HE WANTS for, not necessarily what you think you need or want.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment