Sunday, May 18, 2008

3 and 1

I got in so late last night, I couldn’t believe that I got out of bed so easily and quickly. I woke up this morning at 8:30 am and went to K2 with Bekah and Nate. I really enjoyed their church. I think one of the coolest things about their church is that it’s right next to a train station and so every 10 minutes the entire building vibrates. (P.S. Bekah and Nat didn’t hear anything last night. I had left a note apologizing if I woke them and they laughed and said I could have robbed them blind and they would have never known.) The pastor at K2 just started a new series and it was about proving there is a God. It was really interesting. He used the example of a courtroom and we were the jury. He “presented” his case and reminded us that is wasn’t about proving absolute certainty but about proving reasonable doubt. He used the idea of “clues” God gives like morality; the innate knowing of good verses bad. Design; think of an iPod and all it’s intricacies. Did was there just…and explosion one day in a lab and all of the sudden there was an iPod? Or did it have design? A purpose? Experiences; the God-encountering experiences of life. I really enjoyed it. If it’s online, I’ll be sure to add this series to the recommended list. After church Bekah invited me to go on a bike ride with her and Jackie. I was so excited! One thing I’m supper excited for is the inevitable fact that by living with Bekah and Nate, I’ll be sure to get in better shape. They are CRAZY amazing at biking and hiking and extreme sports. I’m so excited. So Bekah and I road to Jackie’s house—about a mile and half away. I felt so out of shape! I was already tired. The bike I was riding was a mountain bike, equipped with gears and special peddles. The gear on the left is for the bigger gear, 1 is the easiest and 3 is the hardest. The gears on left go from 1 to 5 in the same order of difficulty and so say you’re going up a hill, you want to shift into a higher gear so you are not working harder than the bike. Mind you—I’ve never ridden a mountain bike, let alone know how or when or why to even shift gears. We start out and approach this massive hill. (Okay, so it wasn’t massive, but it was a hill nonetheless.) I am DYING! I feel like I’m working harder than the bike and Bekah and Jackie are breezing it. I feel like I shouldn’t be this horrible, but half way up I have to get off and in a frantic pant, I walk to where Bekah and Jackie are waiting for me at the top of this hill. I felt like no matter what I did, my peddles seemed to be doing no work. After a while, and a really hard work out I figure out that it becomes easier when you’re in a higher gear for hills and I had been in 3 (on the left) and 1 (on the right). WHAT AN IDIOT! No wonder the bike kicked my ass. I WAS working harder than the bike. I laughed and told the girls that next time, I’ll be able to keep up, now that I figured out how to ride a bike again. After our 7 miles bike ride, Ben came over and we returned the stupid trailer, FINALLY. He had to be at church for the Deeper service (which is a once a month (I think?) service for communion) at 3 so he didn’t stay for very long. I ended up falling asleep and taking a good 3 hour nap in the cool bottom level of the house. I awoke around 6:30 pm to find an adorable baby boy by the name of Isaac crawling around the kitchen. He. WAS. SO. CUTE! He will be one year this week and we became pretty good friends. He kind of reminded me of a small animal. The only reason I say this is because as soon as he started crying all you would have to do is give him food and he would be fine. OH MY GOSH. Stinkin ADORABLE! His parents were Alison and Brandon who were the sweetest and most gorgeous mom and dad ever. Both with bright blue eyes and blonde hair—you can imagine the cute little Isaac now. Jackie and Jessica and Ben came over soon after and we enjoyed some good ol’ BBQ Nate whooped up out back. I got corn on the cob, which I have to admit was a good idea. It was so good and although have horrifying memories of corn on the cob during the 4 years I sported braces—mmm. Delish. Ben and I went back to his house to watch the movie we rented, Lions for Lambs, and it was a really good movie. I wish my head wasn’t throbbing with pain; I’m sure it would have been more enjoyable. Once again I arrived back home rather later and quite exhausted.


Day Three: Worked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment