Tuesday, December 1, 2009

From: XXXX
Sent: Monday, November 30, 2009 9:01 AM
To: Nicole Casper
Subject: RE: so..


I feel like when I read, I LOVE it! and I learn a ton, but then I almost forget it when I stop and go on with my day.. is there anything that you do/did when you were a new Christian that helped you retain his words?


From: Nicole Casper
Sent: Monday, November 30, 2009 9:57 AM
To: XXXX
Subject: RE: so..


Yeah, I would journal A TON. Talk about the meanings and implications with my two Christian friends, Ash and Beth. I prayed like a mad woman that God would give me wisdom and help me remember what I read. I was in my bible before school, during lunch and before bed. I also read full books, and not just scattered verses.
DEFINITELY journaling helps a lot. You remember things like 60% more when you write it down. Your thoughts your concerns, your questions, your disagreements, what you liked, what you didn’t. There’s this acronym I used, P.R.E.P.A.R.E.

Pray
Read
Examine
Ponder
Ask
Retell
E … (CRAP! I can’t remember the last E. haha I’ll get back to you on that one.)

I also would write on note cards, maybe even half a note card, the point of what I just read and leave it in my bible where I read it. So the note card would have the date and the verse and chapter at the top and then what I wanted to remember.
Sooo like….

James 4:4 11/30/09
Check your motives when asking God for something.
Ask God for things with right motives.
A friend to this world is a enemy of God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment